Am I The Only One?

This is the place where everyone is welcome to talk about anything. Not all topics merit their own sub category, so in that situation posts can be made here in the GD.

Am I The Only One?

Postby CoffeeCanuck » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:59 pm

We all have quirks, thoughts, beliefs, irritants, and things we do or do not do, then wonder.....Am I the only one? Not sure if this would be considered a game, or just an ongoing dialog. Feel free to agree, disagree and expand upon. I'll go first.

Am I the only one who has to have my pantry food items very organized, separated and/or grouped together by category ie, row of canned vegetable, row of soup, row of condiments etc., and have the english labels neatly facing forwards?

~CC
CoffeeCanuck
Coffee Addict

Re: Am I The Only One?

Postby silentninja » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:51 pm

yes, yes you are lolol
silentninja
grim reaper

Postby CoffeeCanuck » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:28 pm

:lol: Thanks ninja! I admit to being a little ocd with some things, but hey, my pantry is so neatly organized. I actually twitch when I see a messy pantry where items are pushed in with no thought.

~CC
CoffeeCanuck
Coffee Addict

Postby kris » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 pm

My mom always does that. I like how neatly organized it is, but I am not that ambitious at my own place. I do make sure the labels are pointing forward though most of the time. :lol:

Am I the only one:

that loves bacon? (I mean really loves bacon. I would marry it if it could say "I do". :P )
kris
Mr Miyagi

Postby CoffeeCanuck » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 am

Mmmm bacon. I love bacon as well, but I'm thinking not quite as much as you Kris...lol It has to be real pork bacon too. Non of what I like to call fake bacon from beef or poultry. It's gotta have the fat in it for taste and to crisp up.

Am I the only one who insists that the toilet lid absolutely must be down after being used? Not sure when this quirk of mine started, because I was raised in a home with a Dad and 4 brothers, so you can only imagine. I also like the fuzzy covers on the lid. Why, I don't know. Maybe they make the bathroom more homey. :)

~CC
CoffeeCanuck
Coffee Addict

Postby kris » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm not anal (no pun intended :oops: ) about it but when I use the bathroom at home I do make sure the lid is down before I flush the toilet. For me, the habit originated when the Mythbusters showed that even though you can't see it, water splashes out of the toilet when flushed and gets on everything, including toothbrushes placed at the other end of the room.
kris
Mr Miyagi

Postby silentninja » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:20 am

yes i remember that episode. it was kinda scary as well.
silentninja
grim reaper

Postby CoffeeCanuck » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:13 am

A neat little factoid. It's good feng shui to keep the toilet lid down when not in use. From the saying, money goes down the drain, the toilet is the largest drain in a home, therefor, if the lid is always kept up, money is frequently drained. Keep the lid closed, and money sticks around. :D

Am I the only one who finds it distasteful when employees chew gum while on the job? (Those who deal directly with customers or clients.)

~CC
CoffeeCanuck
Coffee Addict

Postby silentninja » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:47 pm

i find it a distraction when i am a customer. and a unprofessional way to work when its a co worker
silentninja
grim reaper

Postby kris » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:53 pm

If they are giving more attention to their gum then their customer, then sure and if it was my employee, I would not want to catch them chewing gum... But for the most part I'm indifferent. haha

Am I the only one:

that watches more documentaries (Discovery Channel, History Channel, Nat Geo, etc) then scripted shows (NBC, CBS, ABC)?
kris
Mr Miyagi

Postby CoffeeCanuck » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:58 am

No, I don't think you are. I love documentaries, animal planet etc. and while I do watch a fair bit, my scripted shows outnumber them.

With all the different types and fancy flavoured coffee's now being offered at pretty much every coffee establishment, am I the only one who prefers just plain....coffee?

~D
CoffeeCanuck
Coffee Addict

Postby kris » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:55 am

No you are not. I love my normal coffee. The only flavours I drink are strong, stronger and strongest. I bought a Tassimo over a Keurig because it seemed to offer more normal flavours of coffee.
kris
Mr Miyagi

Postby CoffeeCanuck » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Am I the only one who rotates my clothing so they get equal use?
CoffeeCanuck
Coffee Addict

Postby kris » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:35 pm

You mean wear your pants on your head and your shirt on your legs? I thought I was the only one! :lol:

But seriously no, I don't pay that much attention to the rotation of the clothes I wear. It sounds like a good idea though.
kris
Mr Miyagi

Postby CoffeeCanuck » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:38 pm

I know, I'm a weirdo :crazy: , lol...but I'm sure there are others who do the same thing...aren't there?

Someone? Anyone?

~CC
CoffeeCanuck
Coffee Addict

Postby kris » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Haha, I think it might just be you! :? Just kidding, I'm sure others have thought to do that consciously too. Maybe :shifty: :lol:
kris
Mr Miyagi

Postby kris » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Am I the only one who puts things off to the last minute?

I am the best man in a friends wedding on Saturday, and I haven't written my speech yet aside from a few notes and I leave for New Brunswick tomorrow morning.
kris
Mr Miyagi

Postby CoffeeCanuck » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:50 pm

No you most definitely are not the only one who procrastinates. Pretty much on every one of my report cards, elementary through to high school, teachers always commented on how I needed to stop procrastinating. Skip ahead 33 yrs and nothing has changed. Well one thing has changed. I've finally just accepted that I'm a last minute kinda gal.

Advice about your speech? Other than jotting down some memorable, funny, and poignant memories that you may want to speak on, just talk from the heart. Once you get going, it will come easily. ;) Now you can just relax and chill and stop worrying about writing out a stuffy speech.
CoffeeCanuck
Coffee Addict

Postby kris » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:28 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

And thanks for the advice CC. I finally finished it around 11:30pm last night and I think it turned out okay. :)
kris
Mr Miyagi

Return to General Discussion